Ragging is Completely Banned at ABCGS
Ragging in the educational institution is banned and all incidents related to ragging will be dealt with in accordance to the latest ruling of Honorable Supreme Court. The punishment for those involved in ragging may include expulsion from College or classes for a limited period of time or fine with a public apology.
The punishment may also be in the form of:
a. withholding scholarship or other benefits
b. debarring from representation in events
c. withholding result
d. suspension or expulsion from hostel or mess, and the like, if the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not/cannot be identified, collective punishment can be awarded to act as a deterrent.
Following will be termed as the act of ragging:
“Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in fresher or a junior student or asking the student to perform any indecent vulgar unwanted act which has the effect of causing/generating sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student”.
The detailed Code of Conduct of College will be provided at the time of admission which will be compulsory for the student to abide by during his/her stay in the College. Some of them are:
1. Carrying and/or use of prohibited substances such as illegal drugs is banned in the campus.
2. Carrying and/or use of weapons of any kind (knives, guns, knucklesters, etc.) whether licensed or illegal, to the campus is banned.
3. The College building is a ‘No Smoking Zone’. Use/ consumption of tobacco in any form is prohibited.
4. Students are required to attend all timetabled learning programs.
5. Use of mobile phones in the College premises is prohibited.
6. Students are required to come to the College in College’s uniform.
7. Students are required to pay the fees and all other charges at the beginning of each semester.
Rights of Modifications / Alterations
Al-Barkaat Educational Society which runs Al-Barkaat College Graduate Studies reserves the right to modify, alter or delete any of the provisions of the present prospectus, or include any changes therein without prior notice.
The institute has a code of conduct in place which the candidate would be required to abide by once admitted to any program at ABCGS.